The roots of Norsask Farm Equipment run deep in the Battlefords. Chisholm and Ferguson International goes back to 1940's as the International Harvester dealer in North Battleford.
In 1963 Ron Hamilton, Bruce Lotts and Lindsay Stoesz purchased Chisholm and Ferguson and changed the name to HLS Equipment. HLS operated out of the downtown North Battleford location until 1965, when they moved to the present location on 114th Street. In 1981 Ron Hamilton bought out his two partners and the name was changed to Hamilton International.
| Building on his father's work, Cyrus McCormick
invented and patented the mechanical reaper in 1834|
| First tractor built by Douglas and Maurice Steiger in Thief
River Falls, Minnesota during the winter of 1957-58. This tractor weighed 15,000
lbs, was powered by a 238 hp V6 Detroit diesel and went on to work over 10,000
hrs in the field.|
| 1940 - First Automatic self tying hay baler invented by Ed Nolt and manufactured
by New Holland|
|2008 brought another major change to Norsask Farm Equipment, Leon Lowzochuk, Kevin Hadley and PFM Capital Inc. purchased Norsask Farm Equipment from Bill Volk. This new group has some agressive plans for growth of the business and the future looks bright and promising as we move ahead.|| |
This is the tractor that broke through the barriers in marketing four- wheel drive agriculture tractors. The model 100 (D100 diesel, and G100 gasoline) was Versitile's first Four- Wheel Drive tractor. Peter Pakosh and Roy Robinson, (equal partners in the company begun by Pakosh in Toronto in 1974) had been producing an ever increasing line of innovative and competitively priced farm equipment. The new Versitile Four - Wheel Drive of 1966 delivered 100 HP to the drawbar and it was priced similarly to the large two- wheel drive tractors.
Highway 16 EastNORTH BATTLEFORD BOX.49, SK S9A 2X6